Wednesday, May 7, 2014

My Top 5 Restaurants in Florence

Although there were many delicious restaurants that I got to try out, these were my five favorites...

     5. Il Gatto e la Volpe - Such a fun atmosphere! I went here several times with many of my friends. They have a special deal for 15 Euro where you get unlimited wine, appetizers, and pasta. Perfect for college students who are studying abroad.

     4. Acqua Al Due - The setting of this restaurant was more modern than most of the others in Florence. My favorite meals included the blueberry filet mignon and strawberry risotto. Unique and worth the visit. 


3. Golden View - I discovered this restaurant when my mother and aunt were visiting. The ambiance was spectacular. We enjoyed listening to the live jazz music while gazing at the Arno and the lit-up Ponte Vecchio. The meal was pricey, but worth it. 














The cheese platter with different fruit mustards was one of the best appetizers that I have ever had in my life.


     2. La Giostra - This restaurant, owned by the Princes of Hapsburg, had a warm and romantic setting. My favorite meal was undoubtedly the Pear Ravioli. Taste it, and you will understand. Definitely my favorite pasta dish in Florence. 





     1. Il Teatro - My second home. My absolute favorite place to eat. I seriously ate here at least once a week. It is very inexpensive, but the quality of the food was amazing and the service was outstanding. The sweet woman who owned the restaurant, Mirella, constantly made sure that our food exceeded our expectations and she frequently brought over complimentary dessert, which was always a nice addition. They had an appetizer (we called it the tuscan cutting board) which had prosciutto, fried dough balls, and burrata cheese... I still dream about it! The pasta dishes were very affordable at around 7 Euro and were so fresh. 


My friends and I with the fabulous owner.



1 comment: